When using a machine that runs the Windows operating system, many users often experience error messages and other issues.
In contrast, Blue Screen of Death errors are not uncommon and can be an indication that the system is malfunctioning. It can also cause the machine to completely shut down.
Hence, we are going to provide you with instructions for resolving the BDDCI.SYS blue screen error on Windows Operating Systems today.
As a result, you cannot do anything when the bddci.sys BSOD error occurs unexpectedly.
A piece of system data is a data set that is used by the operating system to display settings, variables, and functions that contain specific information.
The PC restarts or reboots when this error occurs, resulting in a system crash.
These issues and error codes can be caused by many different system files. The following error codes can be associated with the following files:-
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED
- SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION
We have written this article in order to present you with the best methods for fixing bddci.sys errors. Read on to find out more about the complete solutions to this error.
What is Bddci.sys File?
The bddci.sys contains variables and system settings that can be accessed from Windows as well as DOS and can be computed by the Operating System.
Bitdefender uses it to provide powerful anti-virus protection and the Bddci.sys BSODs originated from conflicts between the Bitdefender files and system files.
Whenever you update and install your files and programs, software, operating system, etc, we start receiving an error message. This problem happened after we updated and installed our files and programs.
Here we have listed all the messages that appear:-
- The file bddci.sys is corrupt or else missing.
- sys could not be found.
- Windows failed to start – bddci.sys.
- bddci.sys failed to load.
The reason behind the error can be determined by several factors, depending on the severity of the issue that is causing it to occur. We have listed here some possible solutions to permanently resolve this issue.
Fix Bddci.sys Blue Screen Error on Windows
Here below we have listed 7 methods to fix the Bddci.sys blue screen error on Windows, so, now without wasting much time, let’s explore all the solutions.
Fix 1: Try uninstalling the Windows update
Windows updates behave quite differently, and Windows updates are helpful for smooth and error-free operation of the system but in this case, Windows updates cause unexpected errors to occur.
If this is the case, then you might be experiencing the Blue Screen bddci.sys error after installing the updates or patches. In that case, you should try installing the Windows update, and to do so, here below we have mentioned a few simple steps.
- First of all, you have to go to the Start.
- Then you have to press the Win+R buttons simultaneously to open the Run box.
- There you have to type the “appwiz.cpl.”
- Now hit the Enter button.
- The screen will display Programs and Features.
- After that, click View installed updates.
- If you go to the Microsoft Windows Updates section, click and select Uninstall to get rid of the update.
- To confirm the process of uninstalling, click on Yes.
It is crucial to confirm if the error is still occurring after doing so. If it still occurs, then it must be resolved, and to do proceed to the next fix that we have mentioned below.
Fix 2: Change the name of the System file
It has been reported that some users have not installed Bitdefender even though they are receiving the BSOD error. The renaming of bddci.sys file will sure work if you fall into one of these groups.
To do so, you have to follow the steps that we have mentioned below:-
- First of all, to open Windows Explorer, press Win+E.
- Navigate to the Pane which can be found on the left-hand side of the navigation, and click on This PC.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you have to select My Computer from the Quick Access navigation pane.
- Then you have to double-tap on the (C:) drive.
- The driver folder must be inserted or entered in System 32.
- The next step is to find bddci.sys.
- To rename the file, click on the right-click menu.
- The file should be named bddci.bak / bddci.old
- Restart your computer after it has been done and observe whether the error has been resolved or not.
Fix 3: Remove Bitdefender Antivirus and restart your system
Bitdefender is installed on some systems and laptops, leading to the bddci.sys error being encountered by some users.
This issue can be resolved by uninstalling Bitdefender Antivirus completely from your computer.
To do so, you have to follow a few steps that we have mentioned below:-
- Click the Windows+I icon on the taskbar to access Windows settings.
- Select Apps & Features from the Apps menu.
- Navigate to the BitDefender in the right pane.
- After that now you have to click on the Uninstall button.
- Check whether the Blue Screen bddci.sys error appears after restarting the system or PC.
Fix 4: Perform the SFC Scan on your system
It is usually the result of a conflict between the system files and bddci.sys that causes the bddci.sys Blue Screen Error. Therefore, it is advisable to run the SFC scan in order to repair corrupted Windows system files.
As doing so, will make your PC run smoothly without prompting any corrupted error messages. So, in order to run the SFC scan, you have to follow the instructions below:-
- Press Win+R to bring up the Run dialogue box.
- In the Search field, enter the cmd command.
- By pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter at the same time, you can launch the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now, you will be presented with a control panel for managing your user account, and here you have to click on the Yes button.
- After that, you need to type the syntax for the SFC /Scannow command and hit the Enter button.
- The system will now scan the files and displays a percentage of the files that have been executed.
- Upon reaching 100 percent execution, you have to Restart your PC.
Fix 5: Delete or Remove the Bddci.sys File
You can also remove the bddci.sys file in order to resolve the Blue Screen bddci.sys error. Here, the command prompt on Windows Recovery Environment is used to carry out this process.
In order to proceed with boot recovery and troubleshooting using external media, you may use the Window Recovery Environment. In order to complete the process, please follow the steps that are given to you.
- On the taskbar, click the Win icon.
- Now from the Power menu, by holding down the Shift key, select the Restart option.
- Then in the next window, you have to select the Troubleshoot option.
- After that, you have to click on the Advanced option.
- Now you have to select the Command Prompt.
- Enter the following command to partition Windows and hit Enter to begin:
- After the above step, now you have to access System 32 C:\Windows\System32\drivers by running the command.
- Now you can delete or remove the “del bddci.sys” file by executing the command.
- At last, running the below command dir bd*.* will show you whether the file has been deleted or not.
Fix 6: Ensure that all pending Windows Updates have been installed
One of the most successful ways to resolve the issue is by installing Windows Updates. Almost every error you see on your PC can be resolved by updating Windows.
The following instructions will guide you through the installation process.
- First of all, you have to go to the Start menu.
- Then on the search bar, you have to type “Updates” and hit the Enter button.
- Once done, now you will get a Windows Update setting screen.
- Now, here you have to click on the “Check for updates.”
- After the above step, now a new and latest update will be scanned by Windows automatically if it is available.
- Updates are downloaded automatically if there are any pending updates.
- Now until the update process gets completed, you have to wait.
- Once done, your screen will show a notification after the update.
- At last, now you have to Restart your PC.
Fix 7: Perform the System Restore
Apart from this, the BSOD bddci.sys error can be fixed by simply performing a “System Restore,” if none of the above fixes work for you.
It is important to note that performing the system restore will override the recent changes to the computer and restore it to its previous state when there had been no errors and the system function normally.
Here to perform this fix you have to follow the steps and instructions that we have mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to go to the Search bar.
- Then you have to type “rstrui.exe” and hit the Enter button.
- On the screen that you see right now, you can see a wizard that allows you to perform a system restore.
- Now at this point, you have to click on the Next button.
- Here you have to select the time and date when the bug started appearing.
- At last, now you have to select the Finish option and then confirm the process by clicking the Yes button.
Now I believe it is time for us to wrap this up. So, my best efforts have been made in this article to provide all possible solutions to the problem. Make sure that you try each solution one at a time and identify the one that works best.
Our solution appears to have been successful in correcting this issue. Therefore, we are very confident that you will be satisfied with this article.
Please let us know if there are any points that I have missed, or if you have questions or suggestions, then do not hesitate to send them to us in the comments below or Contact Us directly.
Also, don’t forget to share this article on your social media walls so that your friends can benefit from it.