Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have generally produced hundreds or thousands of new millionaires, people who invested in their day in tokens and now, thanks to the escalating prices of each of them, accumulate a fortune of considerable size. They are the millionaires of Bitcoin, to whom Forbes has just put names and surnames.
There are 10 in total, the Top of the richest people in Bitcoins, or at least in their current equivalent to dollars. When it comes to quantifying the fortune of millionaires in cryptocurrencies, there is an added difficulty: volatility. Their tokens today can have a value and tomorrow lose more than 50%, which makes the work for Forbes difficult.
It is not something new. Without going any further, the fortune of millionaires like Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates is largely composed of shares of Amazon or Microsoft, and these are also subject to the vagaries of the market.
Of course, as investing in cryptocurrencies becomes a more popular option, it is increasingly difficult to get rich with Bitcoin and its main alternatives. There are still some virtual currencies like the Ripple that maintain quite important growth margins, although most struggle to maintain their current value if they do not lose it directly, something that is happening right now with the BTC.
Apart from the list of millionaires published by Forbes, there is an additional problem with virtual currencies: the blockchain and privacy. Although in principle they are not negative aspects, they make it practically impossible for the Treasury to track its operations, and this clashes with the Government’s intention to impose taxes.
These are the 10 people who have the most valued fortune or money in cryptocurrencies (in dollars):-
1. Chris Larsen: Co-founder of Ripple (Fortune: 7.5 – 8 billion)
2. Joseph Lubin: Co-founder of Ethereum (Fortune: 1 – 5 billion)
3. Chanpeng Zhao: CEO of Binance (Fortune: 1.1 – 2 billion)
4. Tyler and Cameron Winkleboss: Co-founders of Winklevoss Capital (Fortune: 900 – 1,100 million each)
5. Matthew Mellon: Individual investor (Fortune: 900 – 1,000 million)
6. Brian Armstrong: CEO of Coinbase (Fortune: 900 – 1,000 million)
7. Matthe Roszak: Co-founder of BloQ and founder of Tally Capital (Fortune: 900 – 1,000 million)
8. Anthony Di Orio: Co-founder of Ethereum and founder of Jaxx and Decentral (Fortune: 750 – 1,000 million)
9. Brock Pierce: President of the Bitcoin Foundation (Fortune: 700 – 1,000 million)
10. Michael Novogratz: CEO of Galaxy Digital (Fortune: 700 – 1,000 million)
So, what do you think about this list and all these millionaires and billionaires? Simply share all your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below.