The recent version of Microsoft’s operating system is Windows 10. Windows 10 operating system comes with lots of functions and improved appearance. However, with lots of features, it also has some problem. Lots of Windows 10 users are found reporting that they are getting an error message of unexpected store exception.
The unexpected store exception problem asks for restart every time you turn on your computer. The problem is often combined with Blue screen of death (BSOD). Users get to experience this type of errors after installing any new updates. to the system.
So, if you are experiencing from unexpected_store_exception error message then here we will mention few working methods that will help you to fix out the error message. Well, the cause of this error is still unknown, however, users claim that they are facing unexpected store exception windows 10 error after installing the anniversary update.
Several Windows users also claim that they are facing this issue after installing any new Antivirus software. So, the actual reason for this error message is still unknown.
Table of Contents
How To Fix The Unexpected Store Exception Windows 10 Error?
Here we are going to list several methods that will help you to sort out the issue. The first method to fix the unexpected_store_exception error on windows is to enter the Safe mode:
Disable Fast Startup
Fast startup is the feature present in Windows 10 that allows your computer to boot up even faster, saving few seconds every time you turn on your computer. However, this feature doesn’t work every time because it skips several crucial things that needed to be load during the startup. So, you need to disable it.
1) First of all, boot into the safe mode and then open the Start Menu of your computer.
2) Under the Start Menu, you need to type in Power Option and open it.
3) Under the Power Option, click on “Choose What The Power Buttons Do” you need to turn off the ‘Fast Startup’ option.
As we already mentioned, several Windows users claim that they are seeing the error message after updating or installing Antivirus software. So we need to uninstall the Antivirus from our system.
1) First of all, open the Start Menu and then type in Device Manager.
2) Look for your connected devices, if any of them shows error icon, right click on it and then choose the option “Update Driver”
Run Chkdsk Command
1) First of all, open the Command Prompt on your computer. Type CMD on the Start menu and then right click on Command prompt and choose the option “Run as Administrator”
2) Now type in chkdsk /f /r and press the Enter button. It will ask you for confirmation, just press Y, and press enter.
Now the next time you will reboot your computer, your PC will check for the hard disk error during the bootup.
Using SFC Command
1) First of all, open the command prompt with administrator rights like you did in the previous method.
2) On the command prompt, type in sfc /scannow
This command will take some time to complete. However, this is really very effective and will fix unexpected_store_exception error on your Windows 10 computer.
If the above method doesn’t work try this!
From our experience, this type of problem mainly occurs due to the driver issue. So, the best way to fix the problem is to update the driver. So, if you don’t want to rely on the default Windows driver updater tool, you can try out some third party driver updater tools.
If you are facing unexpected storage error on your Windows computer, you need to download the Driver Booster software. This is one of the best free driver updater program available on the web.
This tool will make sure that each and every driver of your Windows operating system are up to date.
This is another best software which will be very helpful to sort out every driver related issues on your Windows computer. The tool features a true automatic updating feature. It scans for outdated drivers and automatically installs the update.
This is another best tool which will help you to fix out any driver related problem on your Windows computer. With Snappy Driver Installer, you can download and install multiple drivers with just a click.
These are the few ways to fix the unexpected store exception error on your Windows computer. Make sure to try all the mentioned method and please let us know if it helps to fix the issue. Hope this article helped you share it as much as possible.