We have a lot of Xiaomi wifi cameras, Yi models, Xiaofang, Mijia, we can use them for surveillance or security. In this article, I will try to clarify all the details and advantages of Xiaomi Mijia Smart 720P WiFi IP Camera Pan-tilt Version.
Theory about Wifi Cameras by IP
An IP camera is a camera that works through an internet connection (usually via wifi, although they can also carry direct data cable). Thanks to this we can access all our image from another point, either by computer or smartphone (with any device that has an internet connection).
Most important features:-
- Resolution: It is the number of pixels or points that make up the image. They are given with two digits separated by “x”, the first is the horizontal data and the second is the vertical. The older they are, the better image quality.
- The angle of vision: It defines the size of the image that the camera will capture, the greater the angle of vision, the greater the image captured.
- Night vision: They can capture light through infrared, the more they incorporate the better the night vision.
- FPS: It is the number of images per second that the camera can capture. The greater the number of images, the better the movement is reproduced, but it will also generate a larger file. (It usually oscillates between 15 and 30 fps).
- Compression: They are the algorithms used to compress recorded images and occupy less space. It is usually MJPEG, MPEG4, or H264 (this is usually better).
- Wifi: Wireless connection to connect to the router without using cable.
- Remote movement: Some wifi cameras have the possibility of moving horizontally and vertically.
- Sound: It can be a loudspeaker, microphone, or both. With the microphone, we can hear what happens and through the speaker, we can send sound through the camera.
- Recording: Most have a memory card slot in which they store the recordings. If there was no storage, we would need another connected device to record.
- Minimum illumination: It is the luminosity that you need to record with quality, it is measured in lux and the lower the better.
- Diaphragm aperture: Controls the amount of light entering the camera, is represented by a scale of number f (f lowercase). The smaller it is, the more light passes.
- Focal length: It is the distance (in mm) between the sensor and the optical center of the lens. It helps us zoom in if it is variable.
As I said before, it is a sub-brand created by Xiaomi to market its producers oriented to what they call a smart home. These devices all work in the Mi Home app, which means having control of everything in the same app.
You can also create scenes between each other, including wifi cameras, the more items you have, the more possibilities of combinations you can get. If you are already a member of the universe of this brand, you will know the vast majority of these products.
However, with the Xiaomi Mijia Smart 720P WiFi IP camera Pan-tilt version, you can sleep soundly, as the built-in 10pcs 940nm IR-cut LEDs and quiet motor enables this surveillance camera capture clear night vision images up to 9 meters distance silently.
Not only that, even the rotatable design of the IP camera makes it capable of monitoring wider range in the horizontal and vertical direction via the APP control. What is more, the concealed TF card slot provides not only a beautiful and integrated appearance but also a convenient storage method for you.
- Pan / Tilt control with dual motors, 360-degree panorama viewing angle
- Night vision function
- 720P resolution, shoot high-quality and smooth video
- Two-way audio, with internal microphone and speaker
- “Mi Home” APP, download from Google Play or Apple Store
- Separate antenna, strong wireless signal
- Support Android 4.0 and above, iOS 7.0 and above
So, what are you waiting for? Go now and grab one for you at a special discount.