Apple Store Evacuated After iPhone Battery Explosion: If you remember, at the initial stages of Apple’s iPhone 8 launch, several users have reported that iPhone 8 Plus batteries were swelling out of their cases. Incidents were reported in Taiwan, Japan, and China. However, there are no signs of the explosion in the affected device.
Now, in an Apple store in Zurich, Switzerland an iPhone 8 battery reportedly overheated and exploded, burning one member of staff. Yes, you read that right the overheated iPhone battery injured repairmen in an Apple store.
The Apple store has been immediately prompted the evacuation of around 50 people from the shop. The incident happened on Tuesday. The overheated battery resulted in the smoke leading to the evacuation.
According to the local police, 50 workers and customers have been prompted to leave the store immediately after a repairmen burnt his hand while removing the battery of the iPhone. The police statement said “At the same time, there was a slight build-up of smoke, which led to around 50 customers and employees having to leave the business temporarily”
“The staff responded well and correctly. It sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation.”
Seven people who were present in the store have received the medical treatment, however, they were not hospitalized. Forensic specialists were investigating the case to find out the exact reason for the incident. Apple is yet to comment on the incidence.
What do you think about this? Discuss with us in the comments.