Here’s How You Can Delete WhatsApp Messages Even After 7 Minutes: Undoubtedly, WhatsApp dominates the list of instant messaging app. Actually, there are many reasons why WhatsApp is loved by most of the people. The instant messaging app is frequently updated to be with the trends and demands of the users.
If you remember, the instant messaging app launched a new feature officially which allows users to delete sent messages. The feature we are talking about is known as ‘Delete For Everyone’ which let users delete sent messages with 7 minutes after it was sent.
If the receiver reads the message, you get no option to delete the sent messages. However, it looks like the instant messaging app got a new bug which allows users to delete messages even after 7 minutes of sending them. Thanks to the bug, you can now delete the sent message for up to seven days.
Another funny thing is, the bug also let the user delete both read and unread message. So, this is indeed a serious bug which should be fixed immediately. As the bug is still present in the app, you can use this loophole to delete your deleted messages within 7 days.
Before we proceed to the steps, we would like to mention Android Jefe, which first disclosed the bug in the platform. Here’s how to delete sent messages on WhatsApp after 7 minutes:
- To start, you need to turn off your connectivity options like WiFi and mobile data.
- Open the settings panel, and go to Apps > WhatsApp. Force stop the WhatsApp app.
- Open settings again and disable the automatic date & time update.
- Change the date & time of your phone to exactly the same as you sent the message.
- Open WhatsApp and select the message that you want to delete. Now, you can delete the messages.
As we already mentioned, this is not the feature but it’s a bug. So, the fix might be on its way. Anyways, what you think about this? Drop your opinion on this.