In Microsoft Windows 10, the classic themes are not available just; we usually find them on the earlier version of Windows, which is none other than Windows 7.
As these classic themes always help users to easily change the highlight color in Windows 7, but in the case of Windows 10, it works a bit differently, and that’s why the users find it quite challenging to change the Windows 10 highlight color.
So, today in this article, we are going to show you a simple guide with easy steps through which you will learn how to change highlight color Windows 10.
Also Read: What is MMI Group App on Samsung Devices?
Change Highlight Color Windows 10
In Windows 10, while using built-in themes, the text color is white, and the background highlight color is blue by default, so here we are going to show you how you can change the background highlight color Windows 10.
Apart from this, all these colors may vary; in short, depending on the version of Windows 10 that you are using, the default color may differ scarcely.
Now, without wasting much time, let’s dive into the tutorial to change the highlight color in Windows 10, and you can do so by using the “High Contrast Themes in Windows 10.”
- First of all, go to the Start Menu.
- Now from here, click the gear icon or press the “Win + I” keys to open the settings.
- Then from the Settings option, you have to select the “Ease of Access.”
- After that, now you have to click the “High contrast” option on the left pane.
- Here at this point, you have to switch the toggle button on under the Use high contrast section.
- Then you have to tap on the down-facing arrow under the “Choose a theme” section to select one of the high contrast themes.
- Now here, you can revise the theme by customizing the colors of Text, Hyperlinks, Button Text, Selected Text.
- But, we will change the highlight background color here, and with the colors, you can play while checking the preview next to the boxes until you are getting your desired one.
- Once you have done it, now you have to click on the “Apply” button that is located at the bottom of the page.
- Now the system will ask you to save the new theme that you have customized.
- Then you have to type the name of the theme that you have customized and click the “Save” button the save the theme.
- After the completion of the above step, you have to close the settings page.
- Now check if the changes that you have made are applied or not.
- Once all the changes that you have made are confirmed, that’s it; now you are done.
In Windows 10, there are no classic themes available, unlike Windows 7, which enables the users to easily change the highlight color in Windows.
So, instead of Classic Themes, in Windows 10, Microsoft offers High Contrast Themes through which we can change the highlight color easily. And to do so, you have to do is follow the steps that we have provided above.
If you found this article or guide helpful, then do not forget to share this guide with others who need this, and also do share this post on your social profiles, as your share helps us to stay motivated to write content like this.