The mobile market may be more saturated than ever, but that does not mean there is no room for surprises, changes of course or new brands. OnePlus hawked one day and wanted to be among the leading manufacturers with a ‘Never Settle’ flag, a slogan that as we have seen in the analysis of the OnePlus 5T still lasts until its last device.
The going to the device per year soon ended for the manufacturer after we saw the first OnePlus One in 2014 we saw a OnePlus 2 and a OnePlus X (smaller) in 2015. 2016 was the year of OnePlus 3 and its twin OnePlus 3T, and for this year they repeat the bet with the OnePlus 5 and this OnePlus 5T.
The main changes that the new one brings: more screen with the displacement of the fingerprint reader to the back and facial recognition, keeping the double camera and leaving a bit of the bikini operation.
Larger panel and same interiors to end the year with a rival fresh out of the oven for all those flagships that have been leaving since June and that has risen to the battle ring for a more used front, which seems to add OnePlus also now with the 5T. Is this the flagship killer that you aspired to have in 2014? I think that many of you will say “YES”.
● Size: 6.01 inches
● Resolution: 1080P ( 2160 x 1080 pixels ), 401ppi
● Aspect Ratio: 18:9
● Type: AMOLED
● Supports sRGB, DCI-P3
● Cover Glass: 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
● Reading Mode / Night Mode / Lift Up Display / Ambient Display
● CPU: Snapdragon 835 Octa Core 2.45GHz
● System: OxygenOS based on Android 7.1 Nougat
● RAM + ROM: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM
● Camera: 16.0MP front camera + 21.0MP + 16.0MP back cameras
● Sensor: Fingerprint Sensor, Hall Sensor, Accelerometer, G-sensor, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, RGB, Sensor Hub
● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Nano SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card or 1 Nano SIM card + 1 TF card
● Feature: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, NFC
● Bluetooth: 5.0
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz CDMA BC0
3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B4/B5/B8 TD-SCDMA Band 34/39
4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
TDD-LTE Band 34/38/39/40/41
In summary: we liked the experience with the phone and OnePlus have done a good job with the 5T. But something is late for our taste and something lame on camera with respect to the competition, perhaps also in resolution for the most demanding in this regard.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and grab one for you now at a special discount.