Some say the mobile market is closed to Android and iOS! With the announced death of Windows 10 mobile, now there will be room for other systems to succeed in this segment.
Recently a Crowdfunding campaign for a “pure” Linux smartphone was launched and, curiously enough, the goal was achieved.
It is called Librem 5 and it is a smartphone that has as its main focus the security and privacy of users. Through a Crowdfunding campaign, US-based Purism, a company that markets free software and open-source computers installed, will even advance to the production of a “pure” Linux smartphone.
By default, this device comes with PureOS, which is based on Debian Linux, but other distributions may be installed. According to the company, compared to the tech giant Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android, PureOS guarantees much more security and privacy.
And in terms of specifications?
According to the information, this equipment will have the following specifications:-
- Display: 5-Inch touch screen
- Processor: SoC i.MX6 or i.MX8
- Multitasking: Yes, Multifunctional interface
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR3
- Storage Memory: 32GB eMMC
- External card support: Yes, MicroSD slot
- Camera: Yes, Front and rear camera (Capacities are not yet specified)
- Network connectivity: Support for 2G, 3G and 4G mobile networks (LTE)
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Other features: Killswitch system, physical buttons to enable and disable interfaces (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile networks)
Not, only that even this new extraordinary pure Linux smartphone will also be prepared to serve as Desktop, and you can connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
See the Librem 5 in the below video:-
What will be its price?
The price forecast for the marketing of this smartphone with pure Linux will be around $599 and its commercialization should only happen in 2019.
So, if you liked this article then simply do not forget to share this article with your friends family.