How To Turn Your Android Device Into A Security Camera: Everyone doesn’t have enough money to afford the CCTV security camera for their home, shop or for any other business needs. But, what if I tell you that you can have some cheap and reliable alternative for surveillance camera?
You might have never thought that you could also use your Android smartphone as a surveillance camera. But, it was possible in reality. So, in this article, we will talk about how to turn your Android device into the security camera.
How To Turn Your Android Device Into A Security Camera
In this tutorial, we will use the app called DroidCam which turns your Android device into a wireless webcam letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and with other programs like OBS & XSplit for your live streams to Twitch / Youtube.
You can also use DroidCam as an IP webcam, or Surveillance Camera, via an Internet browser virtually on all networks. Use it as a simple pet cam, spy cam, or a security camera. So, lets’ know how to use DroidCam
1) Download and install DroidCam android application on your smartphone from the given link and run it.
2) The app will now show you a short description, just tap on the Next button to continue.
3) On the next page, the app will display you the tutorial on how to use the app. Tap on Got It.
4) Make sure your phone is connected to the WiFi network. Now the app will give you the WiFi IP address and Browser IP cam address.
5) Open your laptop/computer and connect the same WiFi network then open the Web browser, and type in the Browser IP address on the URL bar and press Enter.
Your Android camera will be shown on the web browser. You can now place your Android device anywhere and can track it from the web browser.
This is how you can turn your Android device into a security camera. If you have any old smartphone then you can make use of it. Hope you like the post, share it with others also.