How To Recover Deleted Browsing History: Several times we delete something from our computer which we later regret. Upon all other files that we delete from our computer, Internet Search histories are the most common one. Well, there might be several reasons why you might have deleted your search histories, maybe you don’t want anyone to know what are you searching for.
Well, you might have heard the phrase “Nothing is ever deleted on a computer”. This simply means that there’s always an option available to get back the deleted files. Here in this article, we are going to describe a working trick on how to recover the deleted internet histories.
There are times when we need to check our browsed page, however, we have a habit to delete the search history. So, in this case, this tutorial is going to help you, since the article covers an important article on how to get back that deleted browser history.
How To Recover Deleted Browsing History
We are going to use a software that is provided by Systenance. The mini tool is known as Index.at. This mini tool will help you to view, examine and delete contents of index.dat files. Well, index.dat files are usually the hidden files on your computer that tracks your online activity.
1) Download and install Systenance Index.dat on your Windows computer and launch the tool.
2) Once launched, you need to click on the “Search” button which is located on the down right corner of your screen. Once clicked, it will now search for all your deleted history files.
3) After the search is completed, click on the “Ok” and then it will list you all the deleted history files.
4) With this tool, you will get the option to save the deleted history files on your computer. Just click on File and choose the “Save Selected Items” option.
Using File Recovery Software Recuva
Recuva is the file recovery tool which allows users to scan for deleted files on Windows computer. This tool can recover images, videos, and almost every other file types.
However, if you need to recover the deleted browsing history, you need to scan for these folders using Recuva:
- Google Chrome: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\local storage
- Mozilla Firefox: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>
- Internet Explorer: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History
Scan inside those folders using Recuva and you will get back your deleted history files.
This is how you can get back the deleted browsing history from your Windows computer. Hope this article helps you share it as much as possible.